You May Need a Richmond, TX Criminal Trial Lawyer if You Get Mad at Your Girlfriend, Set Her Bed on Fire and Get Charged with Arson
Richmond, TX Criminal Defense Attorney Jim Sullivan represented a man accused of breaking into his girlfriend’s apartment and setting her bed on fire after first writing a racial slur on the wall above the bed. Prior to this, he had been drinking heavily. His client faced between 5 to 99 years or life on the 1st degree felony Arson charge. The prosecutor would only offer a lengthy prison sentence until Sullivan was able to persuade him to do the right thing–dismiss the felony and file it as a misdemeanor criminal mischief. Because his client extinguished the fire right after starting it, the prosecutor would have had a difficult time to prove up the elements of the Arson charge at trial. Needless to say, the client and his family were extremely grateful for the result. His client promised to stop drinking and attend A.A. meetings. His family certainly hopes so.
TEXAS CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS
Serving clients throughout Texas, including Houston, Galveston, Angleton, Pearland, Alvin, Sugar Land, Bellville, Clear Lake, Conroe, Pasadena, La Grange, La Porte, Missouri City, Texas City, Friendswood, Richmond, Rosenberg, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, San Antonio, Laredo, El Paso, El Campo, Austin, San Marcos, Dallas, Denton, Plano, Lubbock, Midland, Anahuac, Beaumont, Hempstead, Huntsville, Liberty, The Woodlands, Humble, Tomball, League City, Bellaire, Deer Park, and Katy and other communities in Austin County, Brazoria County, Chambers County, Colorado County, Fayette County, Fort Bend County, Galveston County, Harris County, Jefferson County, Liberty County, Montgomery County, Waller County, Walker County and Wharton County.
- Houston Criminal Lawyer Inspires Hope (houstoncriminaltriallawyer.net)
- You May Need a Houston Criminal Lawyer if you teach high school biology and get caught giving a secret, advanced course on human sexuality to one of your students at a local motel (houstoncriminaltriallawyer.net)
- If I’ve Been Charged with a Crime, Why Is a Trial by Jury Important? (houstoncriminaltriallawyer.net)
- Sugarland, Texas & Fort Bend County Criminal Trial Lawyers (texascriminaltriallawyer.org)
- Houston Criminal Lawyer Jim Sullivan Is Professional and Kind to Others (houstoncriminaltriallawyer.net)
- Houston Criminal Lawyers Encourage Learning How to Live (texascriminaltriallawyer.org)
Tags: Arson, Austin County Texas, Brazoria County Texas, Criminal defense lawyer, Felony, Fort Bend County Texas, Harris County Texas, Houston, Jim Sullivan, Mischief, Missouri City Texas, Texas, Waller County Texas, Wharton County Texas